LOCAL MISSION PARTNERSHIPS
Fremont, through its Local Mission Committee, currently partners with twelve organizations to assist those in need in the greater Sacramento area by providing financial support, publicity, and volunteers for the organizations.
- Bridget’s Dream -- provides support to sex-trafficking victims and their families, including crisis care and programs for survivors. bridgetsdream.org
- Central Downtown Food Basket -- distributes food to elderly and low-income individuals and families. cdfb.org
- Clean & Sober – offers a path to recovery for the homeless struggling with addiction. cleanandsoberhrc.org
- Cottage Housing – provides transitional housing to individuals and families in need at Quinn Cottages and Serna Village. cottagehousing.org
- Earl Warren School – a low socio-economic city school, which Fremont has adopted by providing volunteers for classroom tutoring, music education, physical education, art instruction, annual health fair, fundraising assistance, and other supportive activities for students and teachers. elementaryschools.org
- Family Promise – provides temporary housing for homeless families at rotating volunteer churches, including Fremont, in Sacramento County, with the goal of helping parents to develop self-sufficiency/ independence and to obtain permanent housing. sacfamilypromise.org
- Francis House – provides computers and resources for employment seekers, motel vouchers, funds for transportation to work interviews and work sites, toiletries, and other assistance. francishousecenter.org
- Loaves & Fishes – provides meals, daytime shelter, and other services to the homeless. sacloaves.org
- Mustard Seed School – provides schooling and nurturing for homeless children between 3 and 15 years near Loaves & Fishes until they can attend public school. sacloaves.org/programs/mustardseedschool
- Powerhouse Ministries – provides programs to men, women, teens, and children in the Folsom area, including drop-in center, transition center, and worship opportunity for the homeless, those in crisis, and those in high risk/low-income areas. phmfolsom.org
- Sacramento Literacy Program – a Fremont program that provides volunteer tutoring to adults wanting to improve their proficiency in speaking, reading, comprehension, and writing in English.
- Sacramento Urban InterVarsity – provides a ministry to college and university students, including giving the students the opportunity to serve those in need in partnership with a local non-profit. Its vision is for student and faculty transformation, campus renewal, and development of world changers. sacramentourbanintervarsity.weebly.com
- St. John’s Program for Real Change – provides safety and hope to homeless women and their children, including shelter, domestic and mental health counseling, drug/alcohol treatment and intervention, job training and placement, parenting classes, fitness and nutrition classes, beauty services, budgeting and financial classes, and an after-care program for shelter graduates with the goal that the mothers will become self-sustaining. saintjohnsprogram.org
For more information, you can contact Fremont Local Mission Committee chairperson Marcia Garrison at email@example.com